#8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 17:17

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
I agree about the damage screwing things up. I was able to eat lc with lower protein for quite a while without meds - then my bg started creeping up. So I have to eat the same way but take metformin too. I had out-of-control diabetes for way too long to expect my body to heal quickly - and it may not happen at all. But I'm not getting worse!

I read a bit the other day that it could take a year to get things in the right direction.... for a rare few. More encouraging is the number of people that can reduce their meds and for some eliminate meds. While I struggle to stay on plan, I can see the value of fasting for a day, for those not on meds. For those on meds, medically supervised fasting is the recommendation, and that is such a PITA that I can fully understand why that is rarely accomplished.

I dream of being fully healed......so knocked on my endo's door and got a script for T4. Will see if this revs up the BMR and helps get the BG in line. I was rather surprised to find out how T4/T3 affects all cellular function. We talk about insulin but not the other hormones that play a role. Including estrogen ( balanced by progesterone} and testosterone, etc.