#13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-23, 06:31

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default 6 weeks & 2 days

That was a wild ride. I have a better conception of what oxalate dumping is

I am so glad I read the book, because otherwise I'd be putting too much stress on my body. I'm sure of it Because the autoimmune flare part is scary. But knowing I can eat a mango or have a cup of (heavily modified) cocoa and make it fade is powerful.

It supports a theory that since autoimmune is leaky gut, and more oxalate gets into the body with that problem, and oxalate messes with the mitochondria. That's the fatigue and burnout.

Oxalate could be a factor for both, because the first thing to improve was my brain. I had a low level adjustment with my first dump, which was short and relatively mild, lasting a couple of days. Got a good night's sleep and I swear my brain and spinal column glowed with happiness. I now think when I get really tired, another dump is on its way.

Thing is, these are like an autoimmune flare in some ways. I get feverish, and the Herxheimer reactions are weird, and the whole thing makes me very tired. But if I slide it to a gentle stop with a little more oxalate than I now eat… it winds down.

That's a very good thing. Having lots of this stuff circulating in our bodies would be bad for anyone. It's a flat out poison in many ways. I lost all appetite for most of my high oxalate favorites, like almonds and tea. I have to be mindful of portions, which is why chocolate is still here. But I also have coffee back! I get decaf, and half-caf when I'm out

But more hamburger and more whole milk Greek yogurt is great. I fell back in love with sardines. Fruit has returned to my plate.

I also slow it down if I need to drive, which I hope I can keep managing. I did that because I need to run out for a few important groceries and have a car appointment mid-week. I also need to time to let my body heal from what I just stopped.

A crucial part which teaches me patience