#9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-29-24, 03:49

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
It's just terrible that it's being promoted as healthy supplement or meal substitute for people who are not in the final stages of life, when it's clearly nothing more than a sugar and chemical stew.

The early "miracle drugs," like sulfa and antibiotics, were miracles. People died from shaving cuts or a pimple. Now, people with sepsis could be saved, which was miraculous science in action.

It was all about 120 years ago. And we haven't had such dramatic results, since. But the pharmaceutical company, as we know it, was born then. Only, we haven't gotten miracles in a long time.

Improvement across the board! Anesthesia is a LOT better, for instance. Our ability to intervene and patch up, in acute conditions, is still amazing. But our approach to the most common chronic conditions -- the lifestyle ones, BTW -- are failures.

Gary Taubes latest book on diabetes outlines how Type I's care declined after the discovery of insulin. And how it was another miracle drug, at least in hormone discovery, and how that devolved into making diabetes into a chronic condition, with all the side effects. Because, back in the day, people adapted to the animal diet or they died. No time for decades of suffering.

And this is where public health, which has been battered by these money concerns, needs to assert itself again, as it used to. Creating laws about sewers and drinking water, caring for the victims of epidemics, and preventing them. NYC passed public health laws, based on a village who devoted half their housing to TB patients. Their doctors had created a model law. (And a reminder you don't see TB anymore, except in rare cases. Antibiotics. It was the White Plague, and people know the Black Death better these days.)

Incredible profits in miracle drugs. Especially if they are distributed to the whole of the population on a daily basis! Every middle aged person on the planet was once targeted for statins, and now it's the semaglutide. All that mice mayhem, and for nothing. These drugs don't cure and go away. They are molded into lifetime investment, are they not?

And it's all the FOOD. This has the potential to crater the entire economy as artificial food takes hold across the globe. This truth is what is dangerous to them. That's why they overwhelm the world with marketing.

Once alerted to Google's bias towards veganism, I think it was page 20 or so of the results when I started seeing what I'd consider good advice. Who goes that deep? We start thinking "wisdom of crowds" when it's artificlal.