View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-24, 11:01

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Interesting.

I keep looking at the list of protein foods she used to increase her protein intake, and have to wonder where she's even finding low fat plain yogurt these days. I'm not seeing it around here at all (except as some kind of adulterated 2G stuff which has tapioca starch and gellan gum in it... and weirdly- also has lemon juice concentrate in it). I see some whole milk plain yogurt these days, but it's mostly non-fat (and often flavored and sweetened... I suppose I could mix full fat yogurt and non-fat yogurt and end up with the low fat )

Other than the veggies that were also on the list you quoted, the article didn't really mention much of what else she was eating, except for the occasional smaller piece of cake.

So along with significantly lowering her sugary carb intake, I have to wonder if she made a significant shift in her overall starchy carb intake (for instance just a much smaller serving of pasta or potato), or if the choice of low fat proteins was to make up for the calories she was still eating in the form of carbs - although it sounds like she would have actually done that the other way around, just lowering calories overall, then increasing the protein to 30-40%, and perhaps lowering the starchy carbs a little more to make up for the increased protein calories.

(I only mention it because some of us have such a messed up metabolism that we really can't get away with more than absolutely minimal starchy carbs without consequences.)