View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-24, 19:52

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I never knew anything different until after the GTT that finally showed what my problem was, and subsequently cutting way back on carbs.

That had fits and starts though - I was given a diabetes diet sheet, because the small-town Dr said it was the same diet I needed to follow. Some things on it were completely foreign to me - such as green salads. We never had green salads. I saw no point in bothering with the small servings of carbs I was allowed, such as 1 slice of bread, or 1/2 cup of potato, because I was used to eating large quantities of carbs - and the more carbs I ate, the more carbs I wanted. The fact that the only vegetables we ate on a regular basis were peas, green beans, and young green lima beans, with the occasional corn - I'm sure those provided about the same carbs as the bread or potato allowance would have.

I'm sure I've told on here about how I went through rebellious periods in my life when I was sick and tired of not being able to eat like a normal person and gorged on carbs. That just made it that much more difficult each time, because I couldn't just eat one cheat meal and go back on LC.

But I'm pretty sure it's going to stick this time, because I've been LC for the last 20 years or so.