#5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-24, 04:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
Hmm... maybe my satiation issue is because of my hyper-insulinism - absorbing the carbs in the non-fat yogurt too quickly when there's no fat to slow down the carb absorption and causing too much insulin release too quickly?

Likely. I also have hyper-insulinism, what both DH and I call the Stone Age Pancreas. "You must have fallen in a beehive. And will eat the whole thing. Release the tanker car of insulin!"

This is why CICO did not work for me. Might have if I were able to whiteknuckle through yet another day and night of screaming hunger. But left to roam free, I used most of my 1200 a day on carbs. So I could suffer for weeks, even months, without losing anything and without my appetite calming down.

Every since going into ketosis AND losing my excess weight, fat is my fuel. So when I crave it, I make cream cheese omelettes and mug cheesecake with no sweetener except fruit. I put bacon in my wraps and chuck roast on the stove once a week. In my area, that's the cheapest beef there is.

I don't worry about how much I eat of such foods because, unlike my carb intake, fat and protein DO regulate themselves.