View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-24, 02:18

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

On a separate note, I do know about anhedonia, and it is not something I would ever want to risk. I've experienced it, as many people do, in grief, and that awful numbness drives us to mourn, and recover. Nothing for Big Pharma to play with, indeed!

Dialing UP the satiety center? Like that's not going to have other effects? It's faking out their satiety centers, actually. And if that is right, it will make their appetite BIGGER because now more stimulation is needed?

Now that we are learning the long term effects of SSRIs:

Quote:
Antidepressants of the "Prozac generation" have been hailed as miracle drugs and they're a multibillion-dollar boon to the pharmaceutical industry. But a controversial new study claims that the drugs, which largely replaced older medicines in the 1990s, do little good for the vast majority of patients who take them. Only in the most severely depressed people do these so-called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) really outperform placeboes, according to the paper, which analyzed both published and unpublished studies.

And the side effects are considerable, including weight gain and higher diabetes risk. Suggesting it is messing with far more than previously thought, before we knew how much our guts talk to our brain.

Nutrients are either there or they are not. Seems to me fooling with that basic "life drive" mechanism can have terrible and unexpected consequences. Especially if people are going to be on them for life, but also I worry about people who stop them.

The way they have been making drugs, stopping the medicine doesn't always make the side effects go away. Now these drugs are affecting something so basic it is clear they have no idea of the long term effects, but I'm thinking they won't be small.

Good on him for writing a book about it.