#8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-24, 14:49

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie
I think if people wanted to take the breading off their fried food or if they wanted to cut their bread in half, they wouldn’t need Ozempic.

I think the majority of the wider pop on Ozempic are exactly the people who were not interested in losing weight by being responsible for making their own lifestyle changes.

You're right - they don't want to pick the breading off their shrimp or cut their bread in half, or pick the toppings off their pizza. They've tried LC and couldn't stick to it. Now that obesity has been declared a disease that can be controlled with drugs - they prefer to be drugged. They want to eat "normally", just want to eat less.

But here's the thing - both people I know who use the GLP-1 drugs have done LC, and were very successful at it, losing far more weight on LC than they did in the same amount of time on GLP-1.

The problem is that they really couldn't stick to LC long term. Every time there was the occasion to eat out, or a vacation or a holiday, they gave in to a little bit of carby food. They ended up carbed-up enough each time that when they went back on LC, they had to go through a certain amount of induction flu again to get back on track.

Rinse and repeat, repeatedly - because they simply couldn't see themselves having a LC vacation or a LC holiday, ordering only LC foods at a restaurant, or in some way ditching the carby parts of a meal.

They also indulged in a lot of LC treats - mostly homemade, but also some LC bars and sugar free candies. While that's a good tool to help you get off sugar and get back on LC, they'd barely get back on track before another event/holiday/occasion to eat out came up and they were eating enough carbs again to throw them off track.

So when the GLP-1 drugs became available, they opted for the drug that would control their appetite, rather than the diet that would control their appetite, and just deal with all the side effects from it.