Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-24, 08:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning! Me again!

Good night's sleep and ready to rip! I had a cup of coffee, did my PT exercises, had breakfast and am just about to go put on 4 layers of clothes to play golf! Crazy! It's only 40 degrees and no sun. It's supposed to get up in the 50's...hard to believe with all the clouds. I'll give it a try, but if it's miserable, I'll bail out. No worries.

I'll come home this afternoon and grab a quick shower before heading out for my massage. Ahhhh....so looking forward to that. DH will go get us a pizza & grinder so I'll come home, heat up some dinner and have a beer. Perfect day!

As I said in my previous post from yesterday afternoon, I really like the therapist I met with yesterday. I'm optimistic about how I'll progress with some exercises and massage therapy.

Ok......have to clean up the kitchen before I head out for golf. "See" you on the other side! Popping in after golf to report that it was AWESOME!!!! The sun came out, the knee was ok....no bad pain. Played pretty well for the first time out this year. Hoping to get back out there tomorrow.

Time for my massage! Ahhhhhhh.......

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Feb-09-24 at 15:19.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-24, 15:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bolt died today at noon, will check in tomorrow and give ya update on it all. omg I had to tell kiddo....don't even....ugh
chat later guys.
  #138   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-24, 18:09

BF:

Oh Trig....I'm so sorry.
  #139   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-24, 08:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Morning!

Trig- OMG no,,,,,, Sorry doesn't cover it. I hope he went peaceful. Losing a dog rips out the heart. Hugs and more hugs. I am crying with ya lady!!!!! urghhhhhh..... He was much loved!

Lori- I am glad you had a great golf game and your knee behaved. I sure hope you have not torn anything in there! It will heal eventually. Having good PT will get you back on your feet! I still wonder how it happened......

What on your agenda today?

Nic- I was watching the weather channel yesterday and they had a guy highlighting Rehoboth beach. They kept doing beach shots yesterday! SOOOOO pretty! Your "backyard".

Is your hubby meeting you this weekend for the game? You having wings? Chili? It's half about the food! LOL

Sorry your mom is having a hard time adjusting. I was a bit concerned she might have some initial anxiety. It is a huge life change for her on many many levels. I feel for both of you. Sighhhh never easy is it? Hugs!

Reading any good books?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing huge happening here. I might take out my taxes and at least get all that together.

DS wants to do a walk in his "new" neighborhood this afternoon. Rain to move in tonight and all day tomorrow. I could USE A WALK!!!!!
He is excited and will be in on the 28th. This is his 2nd house. His first one he never moved into. It had some issues and he sold it. So I am excited for him to get this one. It is perfect for him!

DD - is finishing her master's this weekend! She is now on the job hunt.

WOE- Still in bounce house! - trying to "do" better. Some days are better than others. Today is a new day.

I got my olive oil in! I am interested in how it tastes. It is high in polyphenols. It is supposed to be beneficial for all the body!

Later Gators! Back at ya later.
  #140   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-24, 10:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh Trig, I am so sorry, Dear One. And telling your DD would just be incredibly heart wrenching. Sending you all so much love. Bolt really hung in there and he was very well loved by his family.

Jaz ,very excited for your son!! That's a huge milestone for him.
What is going on with the business your DD and her DH were trying to do- Kindermusik or something similar? What is the Masters in for DD?

Lori any update on the knee? How was golf?

----

Nice day today, in the low 60s so I am going to go walk the boardwalk this afternoon, then deliver a valentine to an older person. Otherwise I am just enjoying chilling out today. Very much so! I head back to MD tomorrow around 1. Not for long though- due back here for some stuff after a few days.

Not much else to report- you all are pretty current.
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-24, 15:09

BF:

Good Afternoon!

After another day of golf, my knee feels better than it has felt in over a month! It is unbelievable. I give a lot of credit to the massage therapist that I went to last evening. She really worked on my legs and glutes, not to mention my calves. OW.....it was not all pleasant. A couple times I had to tell her to ease up a bit, but I tried to just bear it as I knew it needed to be done. I'll go back for another massage in a couple weeks. I want to keep the muscles from tightening up again.

-------

Trig......Thinking about you today. I know it's so, so hard.

Jaz....So awesome for your DS! Exciting!

Nic....How was the boardwalk today? Amazing weather for February!

--------

I'll find something for DH for dinner and then I'm down for the count. Back to the course tomorrow! It'll be a bit cooler.....I'll just add another layer! It'll be our last day of golf for the foreseeable future.

Have a good evening!
  #142   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-24, 17:29

BF:

Lori- Super happy your knee sounds like it is on the mend! You had a great golf day too! It is the TASTE of things to comes in a few short weeks!!!!!!!!! Hang in!

Nic- I thought you were on your way back to MD for the Superbowl!
Glad you had a peaceful time to kick it a bit!

Yeah, so my kids DD and hubby started a Kindermusik. They bought a franchise. But is grew so much that my SIL wanted to expand to ALL music and do extra stuff they were not allowed to do under the umbrella. So they opened a very successful Music studio.
I will be honest I didn't think within a year they would not only be green- but VERY green and profitable. It normally takes a few years to get to that point. But they have a ton of friends in the area and are very well connected and they are the ONLY music studio in town. They are outside of Clemson.

I feel ya on liking the 2.5 hour drive. I can see where you get used to it.

Glad things are humming along for you!

Trig- Your in my thoughts today!
--------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't sleep well last night so I have been butt dragging all day. Feeling like a sloth on the couch right now with remote in hand.

Going to get some SLEEP tonight!

Later

WOE- 100% on point today
  #143   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-24, 04:33

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm up WAY too early, but "Miss Thing" wanted her breakfast. Thank goodness for coffee this morning.

It's going to be a bit chilly on the golf course today. Only in the 40's. As long as the wind doesn't blow, it won't be too bad. We have a rain snow mix coming tomorrow night into Tuesday. What fun! 3-5 inches of snow. We have plans to go out to a nice place for dinner on Tuesday for my birthday. I'm hoping we don't have to cancel, but it's a distinct possibility. No biggie.....we'll just go another day.

I got some tenderloin steaks out of the freezer and will make some shrimp to go with them. Surf & Turf for dinner! DH would like to have wings for the Super Bowl, but I don't make them and we're not sure where to get good ones for him. I won't eat them, so I'm not fussed about it.

Well, it's only 5:30 and I'm starving! This extra activity the past few days has really revved up my appetite.

Have a good day!
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-24, 07:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

THANKS GUYS about Bolt.

yea he had 3 fasts seizures and I got him out of those, I knew big trouble so I got dressed fast to get him to the emergency vet.....but while dressing he would seize on me again, but I knew cluster seizure would be his downfall and damn if it didn't go down that way.

got him into the car on seizure number 6-7? wrapped in a big towel and he kept seizing on the front seat. I couldn't get him out of this very long last seizure. Got to ER Vet, ran in and slung him to the vet's arms and they rushed him back. She came out like 3 mins. later and said she heard his last heartbeat the minute she put on the stethescope....ugh.....

I then paid $400 for total doggie funeral for kiddo LOL yea right? Bolt in small pretty creamation box, got paw print in clay, and get 4 ink paw prints on some fancy memorial cards....YEA RIGHT!!!!! omg, but when receptionist said what ya wanna do, common cremation or get him a personal cremation I had to go personal for kiddo......she is thrilled I took the package...ugh...yes she wants Bolt back in a friggin' box

total on that 3 min. at the ER vet turned out to be 800 out the door.

kiddo took it insane bad for a bit. had to talk her down out of friggin' hysterics!! But she is better.

AND MIL is now in critical care in hosp. went in last night. breathing very bad and 'seeping' water thru her arms and legs? and omgosh I don't f'ing know....getting more info on it all soon. so she is having issue after issue, so it is what it is and dealing as we shall.

all going well tho and kiddo drove home this weekend so dealing with her a bit but she leaves around 12 today to head back.

chat up later guys.....sounds like everyone is doing ok tho that is good!!
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-24, 09:20

BF:

Hello ladies and lurkers!

Welcome to Super Bowl Sunday! I wish I was more excited about the game. I just don't know either of the teams very well to care enough. I might snap it on for a minute before I put on some action movie!

The party I was supposed to go to, got cancelled due to the hostess getting Covid! It's still a thing here! My boss has it now too! Urghhhhhh,,,,,, No thanks

Anyway, its raining here and going to on and off through tomorrow. MEH- I picked up some shrimp and have steaks in the freezer too! I also have hamburger patties I can toss in the pan and eat later.

Trig- I hate little Bolt went down like that. At least it was fast and he was with you and knew he was in good hands at the end. Best we can all hope for. I hear these horror stories of dogs that get loose and never find their way back home. That is heartbreaking, because then you just don't know. Your pup was well cared for and much loved and he knew that.
I was conflicted about Bella when she died. Did I want her back in "a box"? I still can't write her name without tears. Dang those little creatures get in the heart. Her collar hangs on my bed post.............

Sorry to hear about your MIL. It doesn't sound good on any level. I hope your hubby is ok through it all. It is a huge stress when it goes like this. Traumatic for everyone. Is your hubby the only child? Give him extra hugs! Men aren't like us. Inside they are mush. They look to their women to help them along! Hugs for ya both!!
Glad you are here!

Lori-
Ohhhhh somebody has a BIRTHDAY on Tues. I think you should def go out and not have to cook!
Snow wow you can keep that.
Enjoy that game today. 40's is too cold for my blood to be out. LOLOL

Wings- you can sometimes get those at the grocery, or you could order those at some grill for takeout. Enjoy!

Nic- is today a travel day to bust butt to get home for the game? Save travels.
When are you going back to DE? How often do you get to your beach?
--------------------------------------------------------------

The rain is on here! Warm and raining. Good day for sticking around the condo and kicking back. I good with it. I love my putter days.

Fridge full, movies ready, jammies on! Good to go! Next week I have appointments every day. So being home is my happy place.

Later gators!
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-24, 06:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Yesterday on the golf course was a bit chilly, but I was dressed for it. There were 3 of us playing and my regular partner pitched a fit and left in the middle of our round. She was struggling and couldn't settle herself down. I was riding in a cart with her, so I took her back to her car and then came back out and finished up with my other friend. She needs to get a grip on herself. After we finished, we went into the bar and sat around for a bit until the guys came in from their round. It's always fun to see everyone at the start of our new golf year. I drank a bit too much and was a Chatty Kathy when I got home. DH was just laughing at me. My friend brought Bloody Marys for the start of our day and then I had a couple beers followed up by a cup of coffee with Bailey Irish Creme. Oh yeah....it was a good day! Came home and made the tenderloin steaks for dinner....

I have a mountain of laundry to tackle today and then I have PT at 3:30. I think the snow is going to start overnight and we're supposed to get 3-5 inches. Bah! I hope we don't have to cancel my bday dinner tomorrow. I'll call the restaurant before we go to make sure they are open. The snow is supposed to stop around noon, so hopefully things will be cleared up by dinner time.

That's it from here. Make it a good Monday!
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-24, 08:04

BF:

Hey ladies!

Well, the game was somewhat disappointing, from my perspective. I wasn't really invested either way on that. I am also NOT an Usher fan. So, it was mediocre at best. The news however, is gushing about it all! Perspective, I guess. Cheers on it till next year! LOLOL

Woke up to a torrent downpour! Flood Warnings out! I hate driving in it. I have a 1 pm appointment with a client who is male. He won't cancel! Oh well- thankfully it is a close appointment - 15 minutes on back roads in Greenville.

Lori- Oh no..... I see the snow heading your way! HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU! LOLOL Sending Snow! LOL
Wowsa on your P tossing a temper tantrum right out of the gate. What is wrong with her? Why do you put up with that? I would be very embarrassed. I would be looking for a new P. That is just not cool!
Nice however, you were able to pick it up and have a nice day after she left! Funny about chatty Cathy! Hey- Nothing better than a Bloody Mary Lunch! YES PLEASE! YUM! - meal and booze in a cup= awesome.

Trig- How are ya doing my friend? You have had a really stressful week. Hang here and process. Sending good Mojo your way!

Nic- Who were you rooting for in the SB? Did you like Halftime? Did you make chili? That is a SB staple!

Glad things are humming along! What does your week look like?
-------------------------------------------------------------

I am ready for some beach time! A week from Thursday! It will be a shorty trip but that is fine. 3 hours there. I can handle that. I got a hotel near the beach. I was floored at the prices of Airbnb, and VRBO. The hotels were not cheap either! It is amazing how people travel.

My son and I were chatting up about getting a small trailer. I was looking at the Teardrops. They are super cute and have a full size bed in them. They are very small. It is pretty much a bed on wheels.

I have a friend who bought an odyssey van for about 4 grand. She pulled the seats out of the back and travels the country in it. WAY TO ROLL. I am thinking about that too. Not to LIVE IN. But instead of paying for a hotel here and there. She lives in Mass. She travels down here and pulls over in truck stops and rest stops and hits the back- and sleeps. She uses the potty and is back on the road. No hassles. She also travels with a big dog.
If there is a will! LOLOLOL- Yeah........ the travel itch.....

My mom has a Cardiology appointment on Wed. She is having some issues. I am glad her husband is taking her. I am seeing a future that isn't going to go down well for her. I am hoping her husband can handle most of it. He is in better shape. Otherwise, it will be me. I work and live here- she lives there! Sighhhhh it's coming.

I ordered a new bedspread for Spring! It is a lighter weight comforter. I am ready to lighten it all up. I also ordered some new shorts and a few short sleeve tops.

Made the best meatballs yesterday. SO GOOD. Leftovers for today. I also made some chicken thighs in the oven and then took the meat off the bone for chicken salad. Yum.

Well- need to get into my day. 8 hours to go!!!!!!!!

Later
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-24, 17:31

BF:

Time to Relax! Work is done, kitchen cleaned, meatballs gone!

Rain rain go away....... don't come back another day! LOL

Got a Zoom chat up with a gal pal in a few.

How ya'll doing? Quiet here......
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-24, 07:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- HAPPY BIRTHDAY :
Hope you can dig your way out from the snow and go to dinner! I see what you are getting in your area! I know you are ready for Spring!
I hope you have a grand day!

Trig- Hey there lady! I am wondering how it is going for ya. Wondering about the MIL. You have had alot on your plate! Still sending Mojo your way!!!!!!

Nic-
I was thinking about you the other day. I actually have joined an online book club. I know it sounds lame it is not in person.... MEH- I hope to find a group here. But in the meantime........ Have you read Atomic Habits? You reading anything good at the moment? Where are you? You move around as much as me! LOLOLOL
----------------------------------------------------------------

I SEE THE SUN! After days of gray and rain, the sun is out in full bliss! Blinding bright! LOLOLOL
I can do anything with sunshine!!!!!!

I am working through this book Atomic Habits, more to share as I read. LOL

I can't believe it is 830 already- I gotta run!

Have a great day ladies! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-24, 07:35

BF:

Good Morning!

DH woke me up at 5AM to tell me that our power was out. Got up and called the electric company....they were aware. 4 inches of wet, heavy snow....ugh. Happy Birthday to me! Hmph! DH went to Dunkin and got me a large coffee around 7AM. Power came back on at 7:45. House is nice and warm now. I think we'll be able to go out for dinner as planned. It has stopped snowing and it's supposed to get up into the 40's today.

My knee is kicking up a bit the last 2 days. I didn't go to therapy yesterday....I'll go again on Friday.

DH just left to go play in the snow at the Rec Auth park where he works. He'll just push snow around with a tractor that they have. I told him not to be shoveling this heavy wet stuff.

Later!