Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 13:28

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

yay ! Sounds like a good report on the baby and how exciting to hear the heart beat. I've only known for just under a week and was so freaked out the first few days I couldn't really enjoy it. Now it is all startingt o settle in and I'm starting to get really excited ! I have my first doctor appt on thursday and will let you guys know how it goes.

Oh and as far as being upset about the Seahawks winning, you are talking to a born and raised Seattle girl here so you won't get much sympathy from me ! granted I am not a big football fan (I'm into baseball) , it is still exciting for my hometown !

Tina
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: mixin' it up
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

good luck with your appointment. seattle played a much better game than carolina did. i am a north carolinian and i usually root for them considering that the cowboys didn't make it this year. i follow football because my dh is an avid fan. i really like college basketball too.

i am doing well. i can't tell you how many coworkers have asked when i am going to have number two this week. i still haven't told them and am waiting for my final administrative review to do so...hopefully it will be soon. I am not wearing maternity clothes yet but am assuming that will happen soon. i guess in away i am in denial because i am so busy with our toddler.

oh well, best wishes to all the fall 2006 mommies. think of me this summer when it is like 100 degrees and high humidity down here in the southland. i am going to melt.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 17:29

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Wow you got to see the heart beat aready. We tried to hear mine when I frist found out I was at 10 weeks. I can't wait till Thursday to hear it that will be my second appt.

Tina, it took me a few days to get excited about it too , I was very scared at first. Now I worry more for him then myself.

Jessmama, I know how you feel. I'm from central Texas our summer & fall tend to be hot & humid too , this past year I thought we would never get out of the 100's.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 18:27
Registered Member

Plan: mixin' it up
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

yeah, we first heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks. feeling better today but go sick again last night. i have been so short tempered with my students and i feel i should tell them soon so they understand why i am getting pissy.

i can't believe we're doing this again. number two. wow. number one is a wild child so it's gonna be a ride.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 19:50
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone. I'm Alicia...I'm 37 and due Sept 16th. I have two dau's, Serena just turned 3 in Dec and Autumn turned 5 earlier this month. I have let myself consume carbs and its been glorious and horrible. Tomorrow is day 1 of resuming low carb but still ranging btwn 50-75 carbs. My doc said 1800 cals was fine. I told her I needed guidelines because I only know how to do 2 things...be fat and diet. No idea how to eat "normally"

Glad to be here.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 17:01

BF:

I just got back from my Dr. And it turns out that I'm not as far as I thought I was I'm only 8 weeks & I got the due date is Sept. 4. I was so excited to see our child & hear it's heart beat. It just makes all this seem so real.

Well everything here looks good. I think my only problem may be that I'm alittle older but so far nothing out of the ordinary.

Y'all have a great day.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 18:23

Plan: paleo-now
Stats: 216/207/180 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Fellow Lcer Marion texas

Hello All,

I am ttc number 4 and I am an active Lcer. with pg #2 I had a great LC ketogenic pg.

Mary
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 12:17

BF:

Sophotia,
That made me laugh when you siad you only know how to do two things, be fat or diet..lol. No kidding. I don't know anything else either.

I went to a preliminary doc appt yesterday with my regualr family doctor, but go back today to meet with the "baby doctor." I just moved to Canada from the States and it freaks me out that you don't see an actual obgyn unless you have complications here. It kind of freaks me out to be honest but I will just have to go with the flow. Too late to move back now ! Also , I will be so glad to have the year of Maternity leave you get in Canada compared to the few weeks you get in the states.

So far, no real symptoms other than fatigue and a general bloated feeling. My boobs were really sore last week but just a little sensitive now. I am looking forward to going to the doctor today to see what he has to say about the whole thing. They took 7 vials of blood yesterday !!

have a good weekend everyone !
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 16:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg

Hello All,

I am ttc number 4 and I am an active Lcer. with pg #2 I had a great LC ketogenic pg.

Mary

Mary,
Wow I another person from Marion, Tx. Howdy neighbor. What's your last name so I can see if I recognize it?

What's ttc mean? And is this your 2nd pregnancy? Just wondering what your post meant.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 16:50

BF:

TTC = trying To Conceive !
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 16:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilaBC
I went to a preliminary doc appt yesterday with my regualr family doctor, but go back today to meet with the "baby doctor." I just moved to Canada from the States and it freaks me out that you don't see an actual obgyn unless you have complications here. It kind of freaks me out to be honest but I will just have to go with the flow. Too late to move back now ! Also , I will be so glad to have the year of Maternity leave you get in Canada compared to the few weeks you get in the states.

I never heard of that unless they do that in the northern states. Here in TX we see OBGYN, regardless of complications, I met the Dr whose going to deliver my baby & she's the one that I'll be seeing the whole time. She also deals with complications as well, so I feel very confident with her. That would freak me out too. But I guess they have their reason's. That most be nice having a whole year for maternity leave unstead of a couple of months like we get here. I think it's better because if your breast feeding you should do it for a whole year. I don't get maternity leave because of the type of work that I do.

Y'all have a great weekend.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 17:00

BF:

Tila,
Thanks.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 12:25

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

Hello all. Can i join in. I think im edd around 9/29 or so. I havent been to the dr yet. This was quite a surprise since i completely splurged eating during the holidays and i was 'suppose' to start my diet in Jan. but now im preggo! I lost a few lbs last year, then regained it for the holidays, and now i have gained like 6 lbs in this month alone!

How can i safely loose weight now? i only know how to do lc w/ 20g carbs (atkins induc). So can i go back on lc, but up the carbs a little to keep it safe?
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 15:48
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Butterball congratulations and welcome. Well my darlink bf sent me like 7 articles about how staying in ketosis is dangerous to the developing fetus....but....as long as you up your carbs to get you out of ketosis then there is nothing wrong with staying lower carb. I plan to stay around 75 carbs per day...during this time I'm eating more South Beachy instead of Atkins. My doctor knowing how important is to me not to thwart 2.5 years of dieting and losing 100lbs agreed that for now 1800 cals was fine to eat and she said staying low carb was great as well. So I'd say the maintenance plan for whatever program you're on should be fine.

Good luck!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 10:20

BF:

Hi Butterball. I'd see a dr ASAP, so you can get started on the prenatel care. And talk to them about your weight concerns & what you should be eating. I personally believe a high carb diet is bad for the fetus. But you are going to need the good carbs like veggies & alittle fruits.