Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 15:13

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC

Does anyone else get very warm after eating that much protein? I'm warm all morning long. It's great in this cold weather.

I do sometimes. Like you said it is great in this cold weather but it sucks in the warmer months.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 15:31

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

Quote:
He also said its devistating and sets you back several weeks if you fall off the wagon.

I'm feeling the pain of this, I fell off the wagon because of a wedding last weekend and am struggling to get in the big breakfast again....I'm glad most of you are doing so well. I think I picked a sucky time of year to try this but I will do it if it kills me
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-11, 09:14
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
I haven't noticed that. It would be interesting to see your actual body temp before and after, though I'm not suggest that you actually need to take it. How long after eating does it happen? How long does it last?

One morning it kicked in about 30 minutes after, lasted until around noon. Then another morning it was almost right away. It was a really cold morning.

I haven't really lost much weight this week. Only maybe a pound and that was water weight from a chocolate bar. Well, I'll stick with it a while longer, before I move onto something else.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-11, 09:48

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

I wonder if the warmth is a sign of thyroid improvement.

I may have spoken too soon about losing. I was up a little yesterday and more again today. It would certainly help if I would lay off the wine but I keep going to Christmas parties and visiting friends and having a couple glasses almost every night. I've got another Christmas party tonight, a brunch tomorrow, and still another dinner party Wednesday.

This plan doesn't seem to be billed as a weight-loss plan. I'm finding it an interesting study in hunger. I've learned that I can take care of a lot of my hunger issues by eating this big breakfast. I don't know if that would ultimately lead repairing leptin sensitivity and then to weight loss.

Anyway, I plan to do more hcg P2 rounds next year. It's just something you can't do effectively without perfect compliance so it wasn't going to work in December. I suppose that an hcg P2 round would undo any gains we're getting here, which might make this pointless except to see how I respond to eating breakfast.

I'm going to Santa Fe for Christmas and a few days afterward. I don't think I can sustain JKLR during that trip. In the meantime, though, I think I'll stick with it for another week for lack of any better ideas.
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-11, 13:23
Experimenter

BF:

I don't have a thyroid gland that functions, so it can't be that.

Yeah, I'm with you, Allison. This seems like a good plan to make it through the holidays without a lot (more) weight gain. Cripes, I'm already up 10 pounds from my hcg low.

It seems like hcg resets my metabolism, but it only lasts a 6 months at most.

Whoa! Today, for the first time, I was able to skip lunch. It's 5pm and I'm just beginning to get hungry.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Sat, Dec-17-11 at 19:02.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-11, 12:07

BF:

I've gained for three consecutive days now. Maybe mixing this plan with the holidays is a bad idea.

(big breakfast that I wouldn't ordinarily eat) + (a few small Christmas party indulgences) = (significant rapid weight gain)

This might work better when I'm able to stick much closer to it.
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-11, 13:05
Experimenter

BF:

Hmmm... good to know. My next indulgence day isn't until Christmas, so I should be okay until then. I think I'll just have a normal breakfast that day.

I decided to eat much less for breakfast today. I had 3 eggs and 1/2 a brat. I'm quite, quite full and it's 3.5 hours later. I can probably make it 5-6 hours today before I get hungry.

I have lost .2 pounds since yesterday. Maybe cutting back a little on breakfast will help.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 09:33
Experimenter

BF:

Yay! Down 4/10ths of a pound today. This direction is good. I think cutting down the size of breakfast helped. I went until 2pm on a 3 egg omelet and 1/2 a brat.

This morning I was still feeling full from yesterday so I had a 3 egg omelet. I made a HUGE meat loaf for this week.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 17:20

BF:

There are a lot of people doing Kruse's leptin reset over here.

I intend to get back to it sometime but since it's not about weight loss, it'll be a while.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 17:34
Experimenter

BF:

Interesting! They're doing it in concert with hcg?

I'm using the LRD to get my appetite and cravings under control again since my blow-out on NY eve and the day after. I ate a TON of those pears I made.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 18:46

BF:

Found another one over here. Suddenly, it's everywhere. Which reminds me that I never finished reading The Tipping Point.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 18:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Interesting! They're doing it in concert with hcg?

No, they're using to help with stabilization in P3 and P4. Seems like a lot of people are struggling with stabilization. That doesn't surprise me in P4 -- the idea of adding all foods back in is flawed -- but it shouldn't be quite so bad in P3.

Pears. Mmmmm.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 07:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Found another one over here. Suddenly, it's everywhere. Which reminds me that I never finished reading The Tipping Point.

B2W, thanks so much for posting those links, I've done a couple of minutes reading and it looks great place to find answers to some questions. I have to re-start Leptin Reset as I really am having a hard time getting the breakfast in so early in my day...I always get doing something else and by the time I think, a couple of hours have passed...

I'm thinking of getting a pressure cooker so that I can cook large amounts of meat quickly and cheaply so that I can have food ready at all times...does anyone know of a highly reputable brand and model?
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 10:58

BF:

I looked on Consumer Reports for you; didn't find anything. They think I'm searching for a pressure cooler, whatever that it. Cooks Illustrated has a comparison of electric pressure cookers but not stovetop models. You might try asking in the kitchen subforum or at chow.com.

I've always wanted one. I was an exchange student in Belgium decades ago and my "mother" used one regularly. I was fascinated by the thing. She'd put in beautiful fresh, colorful, raw ingredients, cover it, and twelve minutes later she'd open it up and it was all brown and stewy.

Last edited by bike2work : Fri, Jan-06-12 at 12:40. Reason: typo
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 11:11

Quote:
She's put in beautiful fresh, colorful, raw ingredients, cover it, and twelve minutes later she'd open it up and it was all brown and stewy.

that's what I'm looking for, sounds delish!