Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-24, 09:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Late posting this morning! I was here reading earlier, but Gabby was on my lap(on the heating pad) and it's difficult to type with my laptop balanced on the arm of my recliner. I just finished my workout and got cleaned up and am back in my seat. Gabby is asleep in her little hut here by my chair.

Today will feature a visit to 2 grocery stores and the meat market! How exciting! I haven't been out of the house for 3 or 4 days, so it'll be an adventure. DH wants to go along....weirdo! He's at work this morning for a few hours.

-------

Jaz....Wow! You have a long day on the road. Travel safely.

Trig...OMG on the laundry. Yeah..it's easier for a guy to toss it in the wash than to rehang or fold if it isn't dirty. Same deal with teenage girls in my experience! My DH will just hang it on a chair or toss it on the bathroom floor if it can be worn again. We get dressed in the bathroom since it is the warmest room in the house, so our clothes end up in there.

Nic....Hope you're loving life in DE!

-------

Have a good start to your week!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-24, 12:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Checking in! After a full day of rain yesterday, I had the most glorious day on my porch today! When it is sunny, my DE porch is nothing short of heavenly, I kid you not. It in incredible. I was out there for hours basking in the sun, in a t-shirt, capris pulled up into shorts and bare feet. OUTSTANDING!

Jaz- you asked what I've been reading. I just finished Daisy Jones and the Six, my first book completion for 2024. I've started a hard copy of Tom Lake which my MIL passed on to me, and on my Kindle I started West with Giraffes.

My DE book club changed the date so now I can attend book club! It will be in late January, I think the 21st, with a 70s theme. I need to find something groovy to wear!

-------

OK I started writing this yesterday *Sunday* and then flaked, so now it is Monday afternoon lol

-------

Ummm ok let's see what is going on with you all NOW

Damn Trig y'all are colder there than we are in DE I think. It was cold this morning but it's 45 right now. Rain coming tomorrow all day and high winds. I'm out sunbathing on the porch right now though!

Jaz- GO. GO OVERSEAS. TRAVEL. Do it while you are young and healthy and strong. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! IMO there is no better use of money than having experiences like that.

Lori sounds like all is well with you!

----

Sucked to have the Ravens lose on Sunday but it was sort of expected- they pulled all their first string pretty much to protect them going into the playoffs which was the right decision. Let's just hope they do well in the playoffs- sometimes we get there and then the team wheels fall off.

Did a bit of volunteer work today. Tmrw is a rainy icky day and I'll just be hanging out, then volunteering again on Wednesday. I've been here a week and I'm sort of sick of having only myself to take care of. lol

Other than that, just sort of poking along in a good way!
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-24, 20:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quickie post for tonight- Then personals and real post tomorrow.

I am now torn! Italy, Greece or Spain???????? I am looking at a website that was recommended to me by a friend for Solo Single 50+ travelers. It is designed for solo travelers (not a hook up site)- but just for people who want to travel in a group and be safe and still go someplace cool. They take 15 per group and we would all stay at the same hotels and such. There would be free days as well. But I could meet up with some other gals and do walks through the ancient places.

The prices are all inclusive sans the air fare. Most trips are running around 3100-3600 for 10 days. Includes meals, hotels, guided tours, ect- so reasonable. Takes the stress out of a trip like that. You pick and it's done for you.

Jaz needs a passport!

Thinking Early part of 2025- Like March/April. little more than one year out. That would give me piggy bank time, lose weight time- get in shape to walk time! What a freaking goal!

Greece, Spain, Rome, Venice, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Crete,,,,,,,,,,

Back at ya tomorrow
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-24, 07:57

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Nic-
Boy oh boy I am jelly of tee/ capris and barefoot! We are freezing here in the south right now! But I see ya'll going to get some snow.
I love you are such an avid reader. Of the three books which one is your favorite? I need a good fiction to get lost in. Not big into documentaries.

Hard to believe you have been there a week! What do you mean your there alone? You took the pup with you? You are never alone with a dog! HAHAHAHAH- At least that is what a wine glass said. You never have to drink alone if you have a dog! LOL. Saw that somewhere.
You are WAY more social though than I am. I can roll a good week and not see anybody, and I am GOOD!

Although with working I see and chat with people all day. So, really, I guess I do have that interaction and then at the end of the day I am ready to decompress. My son can get very chatty too sometimes. I get ya on a balance of space and people.

How long are you staying in DE? Hubby going to meet you?

Trig- I know you are getting the same crap as me today! Are you in the thunder yet?

Did you pick up kiddo's car yesterday? I know she will be happy to tool out on her own!!! She will then drive back by herself?

Laundry- Yea. I finally got my new washer and dryer squared around. I really don't mind doing laundry now with my new "toys". I mind having to hand everything up and fold and put it away! HAHAHAH
For just me I run about one load a week. Maybe two if I do a separate load of towels and sheets. To be honest sometimes I am just lazy and shove it all in one load and call it a day! My "dirty laundry" LOL.

How is your MIL? You all doing okay now?

How is that WOE going? I killed a perfectly good roast! I over cooked it. So, I ended up buying 2 more as the grocery has them on sale right now.
I feel so much better with JUST MEAT. Who would have thought?!?!-

Lori- How is it going with you? You do sound like life is humming along well. No drama. You had a rough last year, so I know you are looking forward to a new one!

Did you grab some good deals at the store yesterday?
------------------------------------------------------------------

It is SO SO SO freaky dark out right now. I mean- FREAKY dark. It is almost 9 am. There is STANDING water in the front yard. Thankfully in the back it is mostly pebble/gravel for irrigation. It has been raining all night. But now it is turning severe, with more to come. The winds haven't started yet. It will def pull down saturated trees.

I am charging up my phones and put all new batteries in my flashlights. Reminds me I need to order more.

WOE- I am loving the meats right now. I seriously need to tighten up the eating window. WHEN did I start eating at night?!?!?!?!?
I am thinking with a video class and close my kitchen with my last meal- NO EVENING SNACKING- Bacon, deli meat, pepperoni, I might actually start to lose again! LOLOLOL

Got a plumber coming today! I am thinking "Good Luck with that"- He will need an boat to get here. Schools are all closed.
Anyway, IF he makes it- the hallway bathroom has a running toilet I turned the water off that needs a new whatever in it.

I need to make something with 2 pounds of ground chuck. Nothing with tomatoes I can tell you that! URGHHHHHHHH -

OMG- The plumber is here....... gotta run

Later
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-24, 08:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Up at 4AM, feed the cat, hold the cat.....sigh. I had to go for my annual mammogram at 8:30 just as the snow started! I think it's turning to rain now as I can't see flakes out my kitchen window. I was in and out of the mammo place in minutes. Got there 15 minutes early and got right in. Came home and did my workout and now I'm down for the count. Didn't sleep well last night, so I'm hoping to catch a nap later.

My plans for yesterday got changed up a bit. My golfing buddy asked me if I wanted to go out for lunch and I said sure! It was good to get out of the house. I did my grocery store run after we were finished with lunch. The afternoon flew by! My friend and I are going to run around on Thursday. My stools for my island are in and I have to go pay for them and then we're going to do TJMaxx and out to lunch again. I'm such a social butterfly!

That's it from here. We're expecting up to 2 inches of rain today/tonight and more Friday into Saturday. There will be some flooding around here for sure. It's supposed to be WAY windy later today too, which I am not a fan of.

Later!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-24, 19:02

BF:

Lori- Yay on getting your bar stools! then out to lunch- YOU ANIMAL!!!!!! LOLOLOL - Dam up at 4 and no sleep would drive me batty!

Weather was MISERABLE here. I had a foot of standing water at one point in the front yard. Horrible winds and more sideways rain all day. So glad I never went out.

Got a few items I am returning to amazon. Hate it when stuff doesn't fit. Bought a cute pair of slipper that kept falling off. Back they go.

Off to watch a movie. Work was busy- 3 reports due and done!

Later-

PS- yea I had cheese. Glad the plumber came! OMG that made me ROFL
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-24, 04:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz yea we got nailed.
lost power for a good few hrs.
had a lake on my side pasture and down at the gray barn I had a lake and in my backyard near the pool I had a raging river going LOL flooded garage too, ugh.

hey Lori and Nicco

guys will be back to catch up.
I am behind that stupid 8 ball again. seems the 8 ball is winning more and more HA

ok will return to post up again
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-24, 06:21

BF:

Good Morning!

No early wake up call for us this morning. Gabby was still lounging on the sofa when we got up. Good girl!

I don't have any plans for today other than the usual. I may run to the meat market if I feel like going out in the rainy & windy conditions.

I got the results from my Mammo already. All clear. Always happy to get that report each year.

Boring day around here......hope you all have more excitement than me!
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-24, 07:24

BF:

I am ready for a weekend!
I am ALWAYS READY FOR A WEEKEND! Truth be told I am ready to retire but the wallet said NO!

Granted I have a pretty easy gig going- but it is still a huge TIME SUCK. I really do put in 8 hours a day, most days. Not hard, just time. I don't even mind getting out to meet patients here and there. I just don't like being TIED to anything. LOLOL

Anyway.... rain has moved out and the cold and wind has moved in! Today is a dry out day for the area for sure!

Trig- I can just picture that water you had up there on the farm! Goodness!!!!!! Talk about a slug of mud! Time to dry out for you too! Plus you lost power too!
I know you have a plan B for that! You are a sturdy bunch up there. Life for farmers don't change much when the rest of society is in total chaos. It's true.
I remember during Covid- you were like MEH- life wasn't much different. You all stock up and plan for long stretches without needing anything. If push came.... you could start a small farm again. (Not that you would)- Just saying those people with some nice lands are in a great position over those of us without that resource. Remember that term VICTORY GARDENS?
Those were small gardens planted by people to grow their own vegetables during WW2 when food was scarce.

Wow I went sideways with that tangent! Should I keep or delete?!?!?!?!?!? Hummmmmmmmm........ Whatever, my grandmother would be proud I remember the term. LOLOLOL

So, what is your 8 ball? Hopefully, you are able to get a handle on what you got going over there. Does the kiddo head out Sunday? How is she feeling about it? At some point she will be chomping at the bit to hit the road! She has had a great break!

Lori
- Gabby let you sleep!!! Good kitty! LOL- I would love to find me a meat market around here! I need to check into that.

You still doing your Paula Videos? I am still thinking the rec Center might be a great option for you as far as a workout class. I know you loved the "push" with trainers and other people around. I would! There is a rec center close to me in this location. I will at some point look at their offerings.

Did you get snow? The entire nation just about are getting record lows! SO, over the cold!!!!!!

What for dinner? You always have interesting food! LOL

Nic- You surviving up there in the cold? Did you get snow? Post up when you can. Is that 3 season room keeping you warm? I love those!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Plumber came and replaced all the guts of the hall bathroom commode. All working now. I don't care, but it is nice to have 2 bathrooms when people are here.

Speaking of....... My mother and her husband are coming Sunday for the afternoon and bringing their dog. Insert eyeroll. I love dogs! House broken dogs. I will leave it at that. Their pooch is a very nervous dog................Note to self- get rug spot cleaner. LOLOLOL........ yea.........

Almost 830 and I need to plug in shortly! I have a 10:15 visit with a client and then back here to chart up the rest of the day. Then catch up tomorrow and Friday! I should be all set then for the weekend.

EATS: The pulled pork I have thawed out. I am eager to try it. It was what I picked up from Costco. It is 0 carbs. Just smoked meat- no sauce. I have a Primal Low Carb BBQ to go with it. I am going to put it in an egg life wrap and call it a day!

Have a good one!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-24, 17:24

BF:

Hey all- winding down for the day. Nothing earth shattering today. I felt really good out tooling around in the car. Sun shining, radio cranked up, out of the house. Sad isn't it- I was on way to meet a patient.
OMG speaking of the doctor, he was such a back end of a horse to this poor lady. He was like- Nope- nothing else for you. You have had the best of care and I can offer you nothing else. You are the best you will ever be going forward. Suck it up and find happy things that you can............. My mouth was hanging to the floor. What a way to put it........ The poor lady just lost it. Granted he is likely right- but his delivery was........... WOW

Anyway- now end of day. I am finishing my dinner. I actually ate twice today. Having some issues with eating one a day model that has work so well for me in the past. I am struggling with wanting to graze all frekin day. Really need to rethink this model of eating for myself. I am up 4 pounds. I am bouncing with 5 pounds.

ok tomorrow is a new day
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-24, 07:51

BF:

Good Morning!

A quick post this morning as I got up late....nearly 8 o'clock! I have to pick my friend up at 10, so I'm downing some coffee and will have to get moving. We're going to a town about 1/2 hour from here to pay for my stools that match my island and then on for some other shopping and lunch out.

I had planned to do my workout before I went this morning, but that's not going to happen. I will HAVE to do it this afternoon when I get home. The scale is just going up and down a 1/2 lb for weeks now. I know that the 30 minute workout and then spending the rest of the day flopped in my recliner is the cause. I guess I need to eat a lot less than I have been in order to lose. Doesn't sound like much fun.

Well, I gotta fly! Have good days!
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-24, 15:05

BF:

Hey Lori- How was your lunch out? Love you are getting closer to getting your new kitchen furniture!

I am feeling your pain- I am "bouncing" 5 pounds! I am up 4! NOT GOOD.
Putting down the hammer- TOMORROW! LOLOL -
Ate my last slice of cheese. No more dairy. KILLER every time. But boy was it good. So got to lose that bloat from that and START- 12 days past what I said I would do!

I did however get out today for a nice long walk! Sun came out and it hit 60.

Plumber and HVAC guy came out today. I got a second new flapper for the powder room. He told me he was thinking about my flapper after he left here from fixing the issue and said the one, he put in wasn't big enough. Who THINKS about flappers after work??????? LOLOLOL

I also got a new thermostat. That I am super happy about. The other one was very old.

Besides my walk- I haven't gone anywhere today. Just worked. I wasn't real motivated for work. I am just sorta on auto cruise today- scootin by. Ready to go and zombie out on couch. LOLOL

I am SO SO SO ready for Spring. Long days and more active lifestyle. Sun goes down still before 5pm. Just makes for short days.

Today is another day to try again. LOVE THAT!

HI TRIG/ NIC
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-24, 15:32

BF:

Hi all-

Checking in!

Today was a sunny day, high of 50 and probably 80º on the porch. I have been in heaven all day in shorts and a tee shirt. The time will come when this is not so heavenly and notable but for now, it still is!

Jaz- "he told me he was thinking about my flapper" lolololololol the innuendo!

Lori I hope you had fun with your friend!

Trig hope you are back up and running from the storm. Another storm coming in this area over the weekend I think but so far we are snow free, just rain and wind.

Anyway, life is good here, more or less. Anything of great importance I'll take offline.

Hugs!
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-24, 07:42

BF:

Good Morning! It's Friday!

I had a good time running around with my friend yesterday, but my lunch was a train wreck. I ate WAY too much and all the wrong things. Lunch was the only thing I ate yesterday, but OMG I was stuffed! Add to that, I had to come home and do my workout....that was miserable when I was so full. Will I never learn? We found a good deal on winter vests at Dick's Sporting Goods....a $99 quilted vest for $25! I bought a black one and she bought an off white one. They are really nice. We also got some stuff at TJMaxx. I have to return a pair of lined wind pants for golf or walking. Too small in the legs. Oh well.....another trip will give me something to do one of these days.

Today I'm just sitting around, doing some laundry and my workout. Gabby had me up at 3AM so she could go outside, so maybe a nap later. Oh.....and I need to cook some bacon. That's it for me. For dinner I'm making chicken breasts with a mushroom soup gravy. Haven't done it before, but how bad can it be?

Have a good Friday!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-24, 10:05

BF:

Lori I would love to hear more about this mushroom soup gravy. Is this for you and DH both, or just him?

Hi Jaz and Trig!

We have clouds and rain coming but for the moment it is beautiful and I'm on the porch. I didn't expect this so I am thrilled.

I'm having some smoked salmon (from Costco) and will be playing pickleball at 2pm.

This morning was a tearful one. Several people I know have had losses over the past couple of days. I sit in gratitude for my family and loved ones, and the health we have. We only have this moment, really, and times like this are reminders of that.