Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-24, 06:46

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- We cross posted!!! LOLOLOL

So interesting about your goats. Does the goat give you milk still? I heard that goats make great pets if you get them as babies. Any updates on your CAT HOUSE?? LOLOL

You got me wanting some crab now! IT would "go" with my steak! YUM and YUM!
I don't mind cracking up those legs as long as they got some meat inside! So disappointing to crack them and they are empty or shriveled. I had some very nice ones from Costco last time. Super meaty!

Yup- agreed with the smile and nod with the kids. I am hoping it is an idea that goes out the window and fast. But at the end of the day no longer my circus. They have lives. She has gone as far as to put in an application. Thing is they don't have an extra bedroom either for an extra kid. She said- well he can sleep in the same room as my grandson! Yea right! Not my bag.........

Which is closer to you, Greenville or Ashville? Just curious? Thinking Spring Fling some afternoon. Meet in the middle. We would need to find a BBQ joint off the highway! LOLOLOL

I know you are ready for spring!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-24, 07:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I stayed in bed until 7:30 after lying awake for a couple hours in the middle of the night. I heard Gabby jump down off the bed at 2:30 this morning and I thought...oh no. She was a good girl and came downstairs on her own and we didn't hear anything of her until DH got up at 5:30. I also hurt my knee/leg in the night somehow. Woke up in big pain, my whole left leg was aching. What a mess. 9 degrees this morning.....WTH?

--------

Jaz.....How exciting for your son! It sounds perfect! Now, about that sad sack guy you met...run fast and run far!! I hope you can block him on your phone and that he doesn't know where you live! It didn't take for you long to figure out what he was after, did it? Funny how he shared all that with you so soon....why would he think you'd want to get messed up in all that? Anyway...

Trig....I love crab but I want someone else to do the work! I don't even know how to tackle a whole crab or even a crab leg! I hope your goats heavy coat is not an indication of a long winter! No thanks!

Nic....Well, your Ravens are moving right along! We watched all the games this weekend. What are you up to in DE this week?

--------

I'm trying a variation of my UP Day/Down Day calorie plan this week. I've got to get the scale moving and quit this bouncing up and down a couple pounds nonsense. I'm SO inactive this time of year that I need to really cut down on what I eat whether it's low carb or not. Funny how I don't use much energy sitting in this recliner from morning till night. I have to do some laundry today and that'll be about it. I hit up 2 grocery stores yesterday, so don't have to venture out today.

Happy Monday!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-24, 11:02

BF:

Lori- Bummer on that knee! Same leg? You think it is a knee issue? Sciatica? Do you have a bathtub? I tell you those Epson salt baths I took with my leg issue really helped. As did the Valtaren. But dang when a body part hurts it hurts!!!!!!

Yea that sad sack of a guy..... I think because we were introduced and I AM A NURSE he could play on my sympathy. So wrong on that. I have sympathy for those that really need it. But some loser sponge of a man?
No way. He should still be WORKING if he is in that sad of $$ shape! He is not impaired. He could get a job at Costco checking receipts at the door for 20 bucks an hour. I see older people doing that all the time.
He had the NERVE to say to me that going forward he needs me to pay 1/2 of anything we get or do. Also told me he doesn't do trips, or anything. HE ACTUALLY told me he lives on 1800.00 a month and had zero saving of any kind, and his rent was 1650.00 He is digger a huge red hole. He was hoping I would offer him to let him move in.
He said: You know with my 1800.00 monthly and your salary we could do nicely." I seriously laughed in his face. I said I don't live with anyone but my dog. He thought I was joking, because he laughed at that.

Yeahhhhhhhhh on my list today to ditch. I wish I could block the texted- but my phone doesn't block texts- just calls. I am just not going to respond........ I think they call that ghosting.

It has warmed up to all of 38 here. URghhhhhhh
I went to my client appointment and back already. I actually had "lunch". I was hungry. I also made a sausage egg bake yesterday. It is GOOD! I put a spoonful of Salsa on top. Delish!

I have to cook my steak tonight regardless. Might cook it and eat it tomorrow!

I made some fresh coffee........ Off to concur a few reports that are due! Back in Jammies. LOLOLOL
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-24, 14:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I tell ya Jaz you meet some doozies. No thank you to all of that mess!

CONGRATS to your son on his new house! That is great news.

As for your DD and a potential adoption, I'd just sit back and wait. If it looks like it is going to happen, then see what your feelings are. It's a noble thing to do and it can go well, but there are also risks.

Lori- Sorry your leg isn't feeling good. It is so crazy how we can just wake up sore as adults. It's so insulting!

Trig- Our resident pet softie Lollipop is going strong, panther and other kitties, Bolt and his ground beef.

All is fine here. Food has not been great the past day, it happens now and again, moving on. Well, after book club tonight lol

Dressing up in 70s style gear and ready to laugh and play. Good times!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-24, 07:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Rainy and icky this morning and my dang knee hurts. I'm beginning to think I'll have to visit the Ortho Dr. What a PITA. I don't want to be hobbling around when DSis and I go on our cruise at the end of March. I have to ponder it. It's been almost 2 weeks of this now.

-------

Jaz.....I simply cannot believe what that crazy knob shared with you about his income etc. And to suggest he move in with you? WTH???? I hope you can make a clean break with him and that he doesn't keep bothering you. Good grief. How far is DSon's new house from you? It sounds lovely.

Trig....What's up with you? Same old, same old around here.

Nic....How was the 70's party? I bet it was a hoot!

--------

I'm starting to think I should abandon my weighing every day. I've done it for years and hate to break the streak! After 1 day of my calorie cycling plan, the scale was only down 1/2 lb and I have to admit that I was quite disappointed. I went to bed hungry last night and was really hoping for a couple pounds off. I don't want to abandon calorie cycling after a day or 2 just because the scale is not dropping fast. Maybe I should change to once or twice a week for now. It'll be a hard habit to break.

Have a good Tuesday!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-24, 07:08

BF:

I will be back in a bit- Early appointment with a client and need to leave asap- I over slept! - spot saver.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-24, 07:51

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, so cool you are hanging with your book club still.
you are so out there, I am so not out there LOL
enjoy the little good weather we are gonna get

Lori, I would sleep with a knee brace on. It keeps it from 'sliding left and right' on ya as you sleep and toss around. I did this with my ankle issue. It made a diff for sure on how I woke up less hurt from movement. just suggesting for ya. I did so much better immobilizing my ankle area while sleeping and it made a good diff in the mornings most times. hope you keep improving on it tho!

yea isn't it tough as hell....going back into 'some type of dieting mode' again? I am finding it massively hard to handle brain wise LOL Find your 'easiest sweet spot' and see what can change for you but like you said you are less active, plus with that knee, I sure get it cause I am an absolute literal slug thru winter time HA and my brain is not accepting 'going into active diet mode' to lose the last damn vanity lbs I want gone. ugh. I don't know how to change me at this point too many years of this in a way but I dont wanna freak out over the last lbs either and backslide too cause I could do that in a nano second. ugh walking that damn narrow balance beam!!

Jazz, agree with Nicco, you sure meet the doozies LOL
that diabetes rant, omg that is MIL in that she ain't 100 over but she never took care of it. It just rots your insides and that is what nailed her thru all the years. I never got ever why she didn't put one damn bit of energy into learning about it for real, she winged it all the time to her deterement and never took it to heart to change it....guessing it was just easier to ignore but now you sure cant ignore that damage when it hits ya. I for one am glad I won't walk that road, I wont allow it.

Super congrats to your son. homeowner very very soon. nothing like it, having that place called HOME and being comfy~!!

Black Panther ain't been around for days now. hmmm. got a new gray cat that is friendly, gotta literally be a home cat of someone's cause he is just tamed up. but I guess he found the resident cat chow bowl LOL aint naming anymore than the few I did name at this point and waiting to see if Panther comes back.

anything I order and it doesn't come as that I return. I didn't in the past, now I always do. hard earned money thru the years, if they can't understand PLAIN then f them HAHA

--------------rain coming but hubby said temps going higher next week so that should help my mood a bit.

got do a few small errands running out and about. might do that, might not.

gotta vacuum up damn dog hair. Bolt has no undercoat. Papillions don't build up that undercoat of fur but darn he releases long long strands of hair LOL older he gets more I swear he is balding out some HA ugh

food simple today. I didn't do crab yesterday, too much work but today I will do crab for first meal. I need to use up that freezer supply a bit.....so crab, and it doesn't fill me or hold me long so I will eat probably a steak after it too....then 2nd meal, who knows, gotta judge off first one but I do have burger, bacon and eggs to fill in that gap if required.

I think my mind when I go off 'steak' first, 'prok' second I kinda get a bit batty on how to handle hunger and more. steak and pork meals mean easy. I flip around a bit and eat whatever first meal like crab etc then I find me off balance in a way.
just thoughts on me and zc lol

ok be good all
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-24, 16:55

BF:

slammed busy today- I need to catch my breathe. Tomorrow I am hope to catch up! Till morning! Good personals!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-24, 07:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- Hey there! I was thinking about what you wrote about MIL and denial of her Diabetes. It DOES chew up your insides. I have NEVER understood the mentality of apathy when it comes to a condition or disease on gets. How does one just go..... MEH..... whatever???? Then they get super bad off and expect "SOMEONE" ELSE to come along and take care of them??? Trust me I KNOW I am boarder line diabetic and extremely carb sensitive. I KNOW that and see it. I have watched that glucometer hit 135 with a "cheat" day. That is considered Diabetic, not even borderline. So, what do we do? We take out the carbs and heal that condition up. Walk the line and learn everything we can about how to not cross that line. I could never just MEH........... Don't get it.
Enough of that rant!!!!!!! Ya got me fired up on that one!

Got you a new gray kitty for the CAT HOUSE huh? I am hoping Panther comes back. Big and Sleek thing he is. Very sweet of you to put of some chow.
How is Bolt- rather than going bald on ya? LOLOL Is he still on all meat?

Use up that crab lady! Don't let it go to waste!!!!! I might come knocking on your door with a cooler! LOLOL

Lori- How are you doing up there with your snow??????? Is your leg feeling better?
When is your Cruise? Where are you going? I was reading about this couple that are taking a YEAR LONG cruise to see the world! They will hit up 36 countries and 110 ports of call! How cool is that? Said it cost a 110K for a year. That is just the cruise. I am sure they will spend money at the posts of call for the extras! Must be nice. I was day dreaming watching their video! SO very cool. I have the travel bug- no cure! LOLOL

Nic- you Hipster you! LOVE LOVE the pic. Wow, your hair is long! Ya look great too! I see why you are just doing your thing and maintaining now! Very awesome. What book was that you all were reading? I think themed parties are a blast!
How is the MD house coming along? How long are you staying in DE? You ever make crab patties? You get crab so cheap up there! Jelly! You able to make it to the beach? I have serious beach envy right now! I am missing sitting beside the water. Enjoy it!
----------------------------------------------------------

Whew- Yesterday was crazy busy with work. I was in bed by 9:15 I just needed sleep! I am hoping to get caught up today! They are really adding to my case load and I am really feeling it.
One of the gals I work with told me when I first started there will be a time when I could be working these case files 24/7. She said the majority of people at this company eat lunch and dinner at their computer and then are still charting while watching TV at night. I can tell you I will not do that.
I really do close my work computer and walk out of my "office" at 5. If it comes to the place there is not work /life balance, then it will no longer work for me! Line in the sand. I hate to say I see it coming too....... but I do. Dam shame. But I am getting a bit overwhelmed now. They were kind at first to ease me in- but this is still all new to me. I dunno............... Love working from home though. But I dunno..........

I am getting the travel bug as you can tell with my comments in this post. I am over the gray, rain, and cold. I am needing a change of venue!!!! I am thinking hard about it actually for next month! That long weekend. I am going to put in for that I think today. I get 10 days off a year. That is crazy to me- but more than that and I get written up. 10 days! So I have to use them sparingly.

I am motivated to do a video today. Believe it or not that dud who refused to take care of himself motivated me to do better for myself! I know I could be in better shape and have some stamina. I need to start somewhere. Yes, I have 20 more to get off. But at this point I would like to get more "fit". Be able to hike without feeling like I am out of breath. Walk and not get tired. Yeah, all that! MOVE MORE!

Pot roast today! Yum and Yum. That's it. That is all I need.

Stay dry and warm- raining here and cold!

Later Gators.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-24, 09:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Well, I broke down and called for an Ortho appt. I got in next Tuesday. I'm surprised that I could get in that quickly. It is the same Dr. I had for my broken shoulder 5 years ago. I'm hoping worst case scenario is getting a cortisone shot in it. I don't want that either, but I'm getting tired of the pain. Some days it feels better and then BAM! It fires up again. I hope to have some relief before DSis and I go on our cruise and before golf season starts.

Not sure if I told you....I joined a challenge on MyFitnessPal last summer and one of the gals in our group lives only about 10 miles from me! We're meeting at a coffee shop today for the first time. It'll be interesting to see how we get on. I think she's a bit "religious", which I am not, but as long as she doesn't try to convert me, we'll be ok. It'll be nice to get out of the house as it's been days since I've been out.

---------

Jaz.....Sorry your job is starting to get overwhelming. I hope that they won't push you too much.

Nic.....Sure loved that pic of your book club party! It looked like so much fun!

Trig....Yes, it's too bad that MIL didn't take her health more seriously when she still could have reversed some of it. I see that in people all the time. Our neighbor, who is DH's age(childhood friend), is going thru that right now. He has uncontrolled diabetes, is severely overweight etc etc. Every time DH stops by to see him, all the guy does is bitch and moan and blame the Drs. and all that. His poor wife has to deal with him. It's a shame.

---------

About our cruise. We leave from Cape Liberty, NJ on March 24th and return on March 31. We stop at Cape Canaveral in FL, then out to Royal Carib's private island for a day and then down to Nassau in the Bahamas before heading back up the coast. We don't really care where it goes, we like the ship time. It's fun when everyone else gets off the ship and you have the whole place to yourself! We get off occasionally if it's a nice place, but once you've been to the Carib. Islands, they're all pretty much the same. We won't get off in Nassau...been there, done that. We like the private island(Coco Key), it's fun, so we'll get off there and we'll probably get off at Cape Canaveral to walk around.

Time to hit the shower and get my day going. My cleaning lady comes today too, so it's good I have something to do so I can get out of her way.

Later!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Jan-24-24 at 09:48.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-24, 13:20

BF:

Nicco loved reading about your book you guys read!!

Lori OHHHHhhh reading about your trip is so fine!! I wanna go, I wanna go LOL but sadly I am so NO cruise person. In that I booked my honeymoom for a cruise actually out of Charleston and it was when 'the crazy of the world' was sabotaging ships and I got scared it would be a target like the other cruise ships got targeted.....damn fanatics just f up the darn world of others, ugh.....oh I am ranting, but I cancelled and we just stayed in Charleston instead but since then no one is getting my azz on a boat for long term LOL ok enough of that HA

I hope you don't get some type of converted or cult thing happening against you HAHA let us know what goes down.

cool on Ortho appt., hope it goes well. takes an act of God to get me to a Dr for anything LOL but I hope you get good advice and easy heal time on this one!!

Jazz, yea you can have my crab LOL NOT!!! I will eat up what is in there and probably be now like so over it kinda. I am now basically steak and pork.

oh yea we all know sugar rots the body and when off balance as in so many of course it becomes a 'long term silent killer' of yrs of ill health. Worst is those losing toes, to leg amps etc when it goes truly awry but also it causes those slower issues that haunt for yrs and yrs to more ill health and less better life in those days so for me, I AINT GOING there come hell or highwater Who k nows what will 'get me' but sure as hell won't be sugar issues!!

---------------woke up 0 hunger. 0 want of any food
it is like 2 now and about 1/2 hr ago I put in country pork ribs in oven to slow cook. will be OMAD eating day. OMG the house smells so good even in this short time of cooking those country ribs but again, 0 hunger right now but will inhale all my ribs when done.

hubby, hmm, got some thick cut pork chops and done for him.

no kiddo, yea easy azz peasy in food around here HA

-------did I say this ya'll??? the friggin' apple watch never came I ordered. LOST IN UPS. yup been filing complaint and they are investigating etc but when I try to find out more there is like no one to chat with, just online file complaint and no good info and it is SO DAMN frustrating that I know someone stole this damn apple watch at UPS and now I am out the darn 400 for it and kiddo doesn't have it and I am pizzed but in the end I can only keep trying to find out but to me this watch is LONG gone and TRY TO collect any refund cost from UPS will be like totally useless I know......principle of it all LOL yea ticked.

ok not much doing here, laundry and vacuum more damn dog hair from the crazy dog who seems fluffy as hell at all times but loses hair at warp speed
yes, bolt has been carnivore like like 8 out of his 13 yrs of his life. always carnivore now, will never go back ever.

bye all, be good
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-24, 05:16

BF:

Hey I am first now after my last post

HI GUYS!

--------went out to garage and musta been a cat fight out there LOL my rocker chair seat cushions were knocked off the table and 2 of my pool floats were on the ground. Small garbage can out there was kicked over too. I am sure someone was running from someone fast in there HA

nothing doing.

woke up again not hungry. will eat leftover pork ribs I could not finish yesterday.

In 0 hunger, 0 thoughts on food right now. Love this situation.
maybe I can drop a lb? be darn nice LOL

I think when I feel very 'good and balanced from zc' I hit into no food required mode for a few days. Be interesting to see how long I go before I dive into a 2 lb steak LOL right now no food interest and just let that happen as it happens.

rainy icky again
bleck but warmer so I will take it!!!

just usual chores here. nothing stellar to report. be good all
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-24, 07:29

BF:

Rainy, Rainy Day here!

Trig- Wow you missed the CAT FIGHT?!?!?!? I always wonder what goes on outside at night.

OMG, I wish I could say I was shocked that Apple Watch never got to you, but I am not! It was a Christmas gift to the kiddo! I hate that. We work hard for that Apple Watch! 400.00 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. But it IS THE PRINCIPLE of it. I get it. I hope at least you get your $$ back. But it also is then up to the "victim"- to prove it was taken, and the time to complain ect....

I love that you are in that "ZONE"........ Great way to eat. Your body is fueling itself! No carbs needed. Yup time to crack open those crab legs!!!!!

You haven't mentioned your MIL in a few days, so I take it she is still in the hospital. I know that has to be hard on the Chop!
Gads! Fingers crossed.

Lori- How is your leg? I am glad at least you are getting in to see the Ortho guy. That is a Rabbit hole. I will be interested in what he has to say!

Did you meet your online gal pal yet? You know after you do.... like we did...... I "hear" ya all talk! I can put in the inflections in the posts when I read them. So cool.

Hope you have some warm dry weather!

Nic- - I might look up that movie! I bet Prime has it. I do love those 70's movies with music! Forest Gump was great! Love that sound track! Yup showing my age!

You getting any beach time in? Crab cakes??????
----------------------------------------------------------------

Slept like a log last night! I am thinking I have too many "night lights". I always feel like it is later than it is due to brightness in the apt. I have about 5 scattered, but it is too many I think. This condo is SO SO SO quiet! I love it. I don't think I can ever go back to Apt style living! The noise drives me batty! That sounds old doesn't it???????

Got a pot roast in my Ipot and going to turn it into beef "veggie" soup. I will add few onions and garlic and a 1/2 can of tomatoes for the pot. Maybe not the tomatoes. I don't have the "taste" for tomatoes still. Yeah- no,,,,,,,,

Anyway, it will be good. Up one pound. I am bouncing these 4-5 pounds. - I would like out of bounce house.

Gotta run- serve "The Man".........
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-24, 08:17

BF:

Good Morning!

My knee seems better, but then again...it will probably get worse as the day goes on. That's how it's been going. I'm curious as well what the Ortho Dr. will say. I'm not hopeful on a solution.

I met the gal from MyFitnessPal yesterday for coffee. She is very nice and didn't try to drag me to her church. She did mention her bible study group, but not in excess. She did most of the talking as I was a bit unsure of how to communicate effectively. She is hearing impaired and wears a hearing aid but she depends on reading lips to understand what you're saying. That was a bit disconcerting to me. I was so conscious of how I was talking that I couldn't just ramble on, you know? It was an enjoyable visit anyway and I'm sure I would get used to it if we were together more. We'll probably meet up again at some point.

It is warm here for January, but rainy.....AGAIN! I can't even remember what the sun looks like! I'm not planning on going out today. I ran to the grocery store and meat market yesterday afternoon so I don't have to do that today.

Today is a low calorie day, so I have to plan my food carefully. It's not drastically low. I just reduce my total by a few hundred calories so I can be a bit freer on 3 days of the week. This is my first week at it, so we'll see what the scale thinks!

Time for a little breakfast. Oh..and more coffee!
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-24, 08:25

BF:

Jazz, super cool you are loving your 'quiet condo'
I so get ya on 'having noisy around' lol, I would kill someone if I lived in an apt complex HAHA you'd have to visit me in jail LOL

hey don't add onion and tomatoes and all. you want cleaner you need to 'get off that taste' literally. add water. bit of salt. done. eat it 'real' ya know and even if you feel it is 'lacking' it won't take that long to dump those condiments you feel you need for taste. I dumped my tiny tiny tiny bit of fresh minced garlic off my steaks and boy I loved it back in the day, now I couldn't touch that with a 39 1/2 ft pole

sometimes it is time to MOVE forward if you want FORWARD movement ya know. time to go 'all in' and say this is it.....go for it. dump the extra.....start eating very clean and while you do have to adjust, belive me after so many days, the thought of going back to extras added in seems 'wrong' to ya.....but this takes time and it takes commitment to go off that stuff too.

OK JUST always a chat on this stuff for us LOL stuff to think about.

I cracked crab. OMG I ATE 2 lbs of legs, which is NOT alot of meat with some empty....omgosh like you said, empty leg of no value HAHA and I was starving after. Seafood as a side now, can't ever be a main dish.

focus for me is beef and pork point blank. heavy hitters. after that I get a hankerin' for chick or seafood I will side it now with beef and pork. done deal on that for me. thru yrs I just changed SO much and became so picky on my food which I will never apologize for by the way, lol, but a walk I walked to find the best to suit me.

rock on zc for ya....your bouncy will stop when ya go all in and take control.

as we know we don't need much control on zc on what we eat but how it is made, what processed we might be eating, what 'extra' off real meat clean can actually mean a huge diff. to us. that tiny bit off, that little we think does't matter when it is OH SO tiny can actually be the biggest influence on us in a ton of ways.

ok again just chat on it all....do you as you need