Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 18:57

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

...Just to say "Shalom" to everyone here
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 03:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/168/150 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Rafi Ginat - you almost eat like atkins....

Last night Rafi Ginat on tv spoled against Atkins as if he was the enemy of all mankind - but from watching the diet he did - well - he made it, more or less, the Atkins's wat... but instead of eating only one portion of meat a day he chould have had much more and not be hungry at all...
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 13:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/166/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default israeli products

hi teachkids - i also had 3 kids in 2.5 yrs ..now oldest is 3 and the baby is 6 mo.s...where in jlm?we just made aliya from the states with my 3rd 6 wks old ....im a little in "yiush" cuz i feel like i cant do atkins in israel...im fed up with my body after 3 pregnancies (i even lost 20 lbs on it b4 this third but gained it back and then some with this pregnancy)....im a picky eater and cant eat plain cheese or most fish so my diets pretty boring - in the states they had all sorts of low carb breads and atkins mixes ( & low carb ice cream that was delish) that kept me on it, and its the only diet that works for me but its making me crazy that i cant find any of the ingredients to make stuff even if i COULD find the time!! (i have a low carb cookbook but it needs vital wheat gluten, wheat bran, soy protien powder, most of which -besides the gluten -i found at the dudevan Health food store but with NO hechsher (1 thing was with a rabbanut that i didnt know if i could trust, but the rest mamish no hechsher!)) i need chizuk if im ever gonna lose weight........???
thanks!!!
giving up in jlm,
dveykus
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 10:54
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 152.5/149/136 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi,

I am living in Germany at the moment, but have lived in Israel (TA) for two years (1999 to 2001). I am in the middle of deciding whether I want to go back to Israel or to the UK, where I have also lived for quite some time (just under 9 years).

I would have thought that especially in Israel an LC WOE would be quite easy. Depending on the style of LC you do, I guess. You have a whole range of protine sources, that are also low in fat, which would suit SB, such as the 1/2% fat Cottege chese, yoghurts etc. As for the bread, there used to be this chain of breadmakers (I think they are called Lechem Ha Aretz or something along those lines anyway) that make wholemeal bread. OK, comming from Germany I am used to different kind of wholemeal. I used to buy the German imported bread (Pumpernickel kind), which you get in any suppermarket.

Viv
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 15:20

Stats: 277/260/220 Female 171 cm
BF:
Progress: 30%

Shalom le-koooooolam!

I had no idea there were any other Izzies out there!

Although I'm originally from the Netherlands, I have lived in Israel for over 30 years!

All you guys seem to be mostly in the central region while I'm in the extreme North: Etsbah ha-Galil.

I haven't really searched very hard for LC products, just working with 'real' food! But I do appreciate all the info you posted here and I'll certainly look for those things, hopefully before I get bored with what I'm eating now!

We don't keep 'kosher', so that's one less headache!

Anyway, just wanted to say Mah nishma!

Lehit!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma-girl
Shalom le-koooooolam!

I had no idea there were any other Izzies out there!

Although I'm originally from the Netherlands, I have lived in Israel for over 30 years!

All you guys seem to be mostly in the central region while I'm in the extreme North: Etsbah ha-Galil.

I haven't really searched very hard for LC products, just working with 'real' food! But I do appreciate all the info you posted here and I'll certainly look for those things, hopefully before I get bored with what I'm eating now!

We don't keep 'kosher', so that's one less headache!

Anyway, just wanted to say Mah nishma!

Lehit!

Hi Roma-girl!
20 years myself!
Ma nishma?
Ha kol beseder!

Last edited by Israeli : Mon, Mar-16-09 at 02:10.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 03:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli
Hi Roma-girl!
20 years myself!
Ma nishma?
Ha kol beseder!

Hi, Israeli!

Nice to see you.

I haven't been on here for ages. Haven't been very good, LC-wise, lately! Should be stricter with myself.

#8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 10:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

YAY!
Good to see some Israeli replies!

I too have not been too good.

I got really sick this winter and it trashed my workout plan.

Now its so hard to get back to super good low carbing and regular exercise.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-09, 05:07

Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%
Default I've been good

I did maitenance during pregnancy and I am now nursing. I have 6 kg to lose, but it will have to wait. I walk 3 km 3 times a week.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 05:37

Stats: 145/145/130 Female 167 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default New Israeli on South Beach diet

I'm looking for fellow dieters in Israel. Have a ton of questions about phase 1. Also want to know if anyone has an address of somewhere to buy splenda and stevia in Israel.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Mar-16-06 at 11:09. Reason: As per the forum rules, please do not post email addresses.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 11:17
Registered Member

Stats: 158/143/127 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Shalom Linda!
Welcome and I'll be very happy to know you! I'm just now in a period where I need support because I'm stalled. But I've done very well since Shavu'ot and I think after to get used to it, it's very easy to do low carb diet in Israel, especially if you don't speak about it around.
The good news is that you can find today splenda in every grocery store around. There are two brands of it: Sucra Diet and Sucar Light. They come in packets in a box and I saw also once the sucra diet in liquid and powder form. Stevia you can find in every Health Store.
I'll be glad to be in touch with you and to answer as well as I can to all your questions.
Are you close to Haifa or to Kiryat-Gat? I live in Ramat-Gan.
Yael
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 04:00

Stats: 145/145/130 Female 167 cm
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for writing. I live in the south, near Netivot. I did the South Beach about 1 year ago and did well. I kept myself between phase 2-3 for 9 months, mostly phase 2, though. I fight to keep it down, but I lost the battle and gained 6 kilos - that's why I decided to do phase 1 again for 2-3 weeks. I don't know if it's OK- but I eat humous. Also I use rich's whipped cream. The kind that comes in the can. what do you think? Linda
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 03:54

BF:

Wow, I'd forgotten all about this thread! It's been inactive for so long!

Welcome, Linda! Great to 'see' you!

I have LC-ed now for over a year, but am in a stall since about june '05.

However, I have NOT gained any weight back which I find is very positive!

With any other way of eating (diet) that I've tried I always gained back whatever little weight I'd lost, and then some!

I also occasionally use Sucrazit dietetit and there's Patit shisha deganim which has 4.2 carbs and is nice with butter and yellow cheese!

I don't think LC is hard to do as long as you don't get a lot of opposition from health care professionals that you have to rely on.

Anyway, lots of good luck in your LC-journey!

Shabat shalom!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 03:38

BF:

You're welcome!

I live up North, near Kash, and I'm on Atkins. Lost 13 kilos last year and have been in a stall from about June '05.

However, I haven't gained any weight back, which is all to the good, of course!

I don't eat humous (though I have it in the house as my sons like it), but I use whipping cream (unwhipped) of 'White Chef' 38% for my (Dutch type filter) coffee!

That's very good! I tried different things (soy milk, etc) but this is the best!

I know, I know, Atkins advises against coffee, but I'm Dutch. We live on coffee, so what are you gonna do!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 04:17

BF:

Sorry, double post!